- Creative Writing, A Workbook with Readings edited by Linda Anderson, the coursebook for Open University Course A215 – Creative Writing.
- The Writer’s Workbook edited by Jenny Newman, et al.
- Terrible Minds – Sweary polymath writer Chuck Wendig tells you what you need to know
All of these books are mentioned in my post Story Structure and How Not To Write A Screenplay.
- How Not to Write a Screenplay by Denny Martin Flinn
- Screenplay by Syd Field
- Story by Robert McKee
- Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder.
- The Bitter Script Reader
- The Aspiring TV Writer and Screenwriter Blog – Much better than its title might suggest
- The Power Filmmaking Kit by Jason J. Tomeric
- The Filmmaker’s Handbook by Steven Ascher and Edward Pincus
- Producing and Directing the Short Film and Video by Rea Irving