Here’s a list of projects that were started in 2011 but not completed:
- Novel: Vicious Cycles (Researched but not started)
- Novel: Angels (Working title, still considered ‘current’)
- Screenplay: Music is Magic (Working title. Short Film, in its fourth draft. Needs to move on)
- Screenplay: Music is Magic (The extension of the short into something longer. Current project)
- Screenplay: The Proposal (Needs a polish, then submission. Somewhere)
- Comic: Broken Gears (May as well do some more work on it)
- Comic: Ghost Detective (Massively overdue guilt project)
While I’ve kept the general page live, I’ve taken down the active dials on the main page indicating my progress on the novel I’m writing. The main reason for this is that I’ve made no progress at all in a couple of months, having been distracted by real life and, inevitably, new projects.
The novel is not entirely dead, but at this point it’s a shambling undead creature living between worlds. All it needs is a fresh infusion of brains, some time and a bolt of lightning to bring it back, but for now it’s in cold storage.
It’s a sad state of affairs when it’s worthy of a blogpost when I’m actually writing some fiction, but we are where we are. Over the weekend, intent to write something fictional-related, whether it be a character or a scene. I started to write and write and didn’t really stop all day. While the start may be shaky, it’s quite a lot of progress and seems to be currently taking a novel’s shape. I’m going to keep plugging away at it, try not to think about it took much, and I’ll certainly resist the temptation to go back, read and begin to self-editorialise and critique. There will be plenty of time for that on the next draft.
So, on the right-hand side of the front page I’ll be tracking my progress with the following snazzy charts. Currently the rough target is 50,000 and I’ll judge that was I progress. Wish me luck!